Criminal Defence Solicitor
I am a self-employed freelance criminal defence solicitor with McCormacks Law, one of London’s leading criminal defence law firms.
Whilst I deal with general crime the vast majority of the cases I deal with are allegations of sexual offences. A high percentage of my clients are professionals whose livelihoods would be at risk if they were cautioned or convicted of any offence. As a result most of my clients instruct me on a private basis because they want the best possible service which is tailor made for them
As well as having my own caseload I am regularly instructed by some of UK’s leading private criminal defence firms to advise/represent their clients at police stations throughout the UK particularly in relation to sexual offences.
Below are just some examples of the cases I have dealt with recently
- 17 year old found not guilty of murder following a 3 week trial
- Client charged with 8 counts of rape. We request that the police examine the complainants mobile phone as it may contain evidence which supports our clients defence. Having examined the phone the prosecution drop all 8 charges.
- Fraud/money laundering involving £500,000. Out of 5 defendants my client was the only one found not guilty after a 4 week trial at Croydon Crown Court. Other defendants received lengthy prison sentences
‘Thanks Max. I do not know how to ever thank you for all your support during a real low point in our lives. Thanks seems such an empty word but I know you realise it is from the heart.’
- School boy accused of sexual assault on a fellow pupil on school premises. Found not guilty at Thames Youth Court
‘Hi Max! On behalf of X and my family I would like to thank you for the support and guidance and excellent job you have done. We were so pleased with the results. We were already accepting a different fate but fighting proved worthwhile and we could not have done it without you so thank you.’
- Servitude (modern slavery)- Both clients found not guilty at Worcester Crown Court
- Murder-Client found not guilty of murder and manslaughter at Central Criminal Court
- Rape of ex-girlfriend |(Sutton Police Statin)- Police take no further action after lengthy investigation
- Rape (Sutton Police Station)-University lecturer accused of rape by another lecturer. Police take no further action.
‘I want to thank you for the advice and support you gave me today at the police interview. I wouldn’t have been able to be calm and measured in my responses without your timely interventions. I will reflect on your wise words after we left the police station.’
- GBH (Holborn Police Station)- Police take no further action against 3 brothers. I advised all 3 at the police station.
- Conveying a prohibited article (class A drugs) into prison. Client found not guilty Chelmsford Crown Court
- Fraud involving £167,000. Out of 5 defendants my client was the only one found not guilty at Lewes Crown Court. Other 4 defendants received prison sentences
- Breach of non-molestation order-Client found not guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Harassment-Client found not guilty
- Client found not guilty of perverting the course of justice at Inner London Crown Court.
- Client accused of assaulting his wife. Police take no further action
- Attempting to cause GBH with intent-Not guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court
- Wife accused of assaulting her husband with a frying pan. Police at Colindale police station took no further action
- Client accused of common assault x 2. Found not guilty
I am very passionate about my work and look after my clients. I like to think that I ‘go the extra mile’ for every client.
My areas of practice are predominantly London, Essex and Kent, but due to high demand, I have dealt with cases on a national level in: Birmingham (Fraud), Brighton (Murder), Canterbury (Importation of drugs), Dover (Importation of drugs), Gloucester (Rape), Guildford (Possession and Distribution of Indecent Images), Halifax (Fraud), High Wycombe (Number of matters including Rape, Possession of Indecent Images and, Assault), Leeds (historical sexual offences), Leicester (Murder), Lewes (People Trafficking, Fraud, etc.) Luton (Rape), Maidstone (Murder, Rape, Conspiracy to Rob and others) Manchester (Theft, Sexual Assault) Margate (Importation of Drugs), Milton Keynes (Benefit Fraud, Assault), Newbury (Assault) Newport (Mortgage Fraud, Conspiracy to Rob, Theft etc.), Sheffield (Cultivation of Cannabis) Southampton (Possession of indecent Images),St Albans (Murder, Historical sexual allegations), Stoke On-Trent (Murder) and Worcester (Modern day Slavery, Possession of Drugs with Intent to Supply).
You can contact me directly on 07770267894 for an initial consultation. You can also email me at email@example.com or use the contact form to the right.